See an example of some slides that might be included in your live or narrated presentation, or click here to return to the web based training workshops page.
About This Workshop
This training workshop is designed to provide participants with a comprehensive understanding of the prohibition of workplace discrimination.
Participants will learn about the scope of prohibited employer conduct and become familiar with the concept of a protected class. The protected classes eligible for the benefits and protections under Title VII, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), and the Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA) will be discussed. Participants will also learn how issues related to each of these protected classes might materialize, which includes an understanding of the obligations of employers to reasonably accommodate religious beliefs and practices and disabilities
Upon completion of the workshop, participants will able be able to distinguish between intentional and unintentional discrimination, identify the two forms of sexual harassment as well as the other forms of discriminatory harassment, and explain the prohibition of workplace retaliation
The running time of this workshop is approximately one hour and fifteen minutes and includes numerous methods to confirm participation. There are knowledge checks throughout the program, as well as a 25-question knowledge check at the end of the program. Upon successful completion of the workshop, a certificate will be awarded.
Note that this program is currently eligible for the following:
- SHRM: 1 PDC for the SHRM-CP℠ or SHRM-SCP℠
- HR Certification Institute: 1 (HR [General]) recertification credit hour toward California, GPHR, HRBP, HRMP, PHR and SPHR recertification.
If you would prefer to view the full course catalog, the registration process is simple and can be completed in a few easy steps.
1. Click here to access Digital Chalk, the online training platform used to deliver these workshops. As an alternative, you can cut and paste this link into your browser: https://lbrassas.digitalchalk.com/dc/guest/login
2. Create a user account.
3. Click on “Catalog” at the top right side of the screen and you will see a list of available courses.
4. Add the workshop you would like to purchase to your cart.
5. Enter your credit card information and you will receive immediate access to the workshop for 30 calendar days.