See an example of some slides that might be included in your live or narrated presentation, or click here to return to the web based training workshops page.
About This Workshop
This supervisory training is an introductory workshop designed to provide participants with the fundamental skills and information they need to effectively manage their unionized employees.
Participants will learn about the principles of progressive discipline and how the process can best be applied to empower them to manage for the mutual benefit of themselves and their unionized employees. In addition, supervisors will learn about the key elements of just cause and be provided with an extensive explanation of each element. This will be followed by information about due process, which includes procedural due process matters that may arise under a collective bargaining agreement, as well as Weingarten rights.
The running time of this workshop is approximately one hour. The program includes narrated slide presentations, multiple knowledge checks, and two 25-question quizzes. Upon successful completion of each of the course elements, a certificate will be awarded.
Note that this program is currently eligible for the following:
- SHRM: 1 PDC for the SHRM-CP℠ or SHRM-SCP℠
- HR Certification Institute: 1 (HR [General]) recertification credit hour toward California, GPHR, HRBP, HRMP, PHR and SPHR recertification.
If you would prefer to view the full course catalog, the registration process is simple and can be completed in a few easy steps.
1. Click here to access Digital Chalk, the online training platform used to deliver these workshops. As an alternative, you can cut and paste this link into your browser: https://lbrassas.digitalchalk.com/dc/guest/login
2. Create a user account.
3. Click on “Catalog” at the top right side of the screen and you will see a list of available courses.
4. Add the workshop you would like to purchase to your cart.
5. Enter your credit card information and you will receive immediate access to the workshop for 30 calendar days.